ACH057: Sister Blandina was a tiny Italian-born nun in the late 19th century sent alone to bring the Gospel to the Wild West. Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us how she was a force for good, calming lynch mobs, gaining the respect of the notorious Billy the Kid, and earning the nickname Fastest Nun in the West.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- At the End of the Santa Fe Trail, by Sister Blandina Segale
- Sister Blandina and the Road to Sainthood – Cincinnati Magazine
- Everyone’s Sister | The Word Among Us
- Making the Case for the Next American Saint – Smithsonian Magazine
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]