MYS119: For centuries, Jews and Christians have read the Bible and thought the Earth is only a few thousand years old. But the scientific revolution claimed it’s billions of years old. Jimmy Akin and Dom Bettinelli ask what does the biblical and scientific evidence really say, how is it being misread, and by whom?
Help us continue to offer Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Adrienne Mayor’s book The First Fossil Hunters: Dinosaurs, Mammoths, and Myth in Greek and Roman Times
- Sam Kean’s book The Disappearing Spoon
- Dinosaurs at the Mother Goose Parade (2016)
- Buddy Davis’s song D Is For Dinosaur (video)
- D Is For Dinosaur MP3 Download
- Institute for Creation Research
- Creation and Earth History Museum
- Radiometric Dating
- Radiocarbon Dating
- Anno Mundi
- Byzantine Calculation
- Hebrew Calculation
- Ussher Calculation
- Catechism of the Catholic Church (science and creation, par. 283)
- Catechism of the Catholic Church (days of creation, par. 337)
- National Naval Aviation Museum Pictures of Betty Bombers
- Showa Manga
- Fontes Vitae Sancti Thomae Aquinatis
- Please spread the word about the podcast. Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Purchase the books and other material from this and other episodes at the Mysterious World Bookstore.
- Join the conversation at the Starquest Facebook page and the Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World Facebook page.
- Send your feedback or comments to [email protected] or send a tweet with the hashtag of #mysteriousfeedback
Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World is brought to you in part through the generous support of Aaron Vurgason Electric and Automation at AaronV.com. Making Connections for Life for your automation and smart home needs in north and central Florida.
And by Dr. Jimmy Turner, your guide to practical leadership at drjimmyturner.com.