ACH063: Rising above the flat landscape near Milwaukee, Wisconsin, rises Holy Hill and atop the hill stands a grand basilica dedicated to Our Lady. Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us the story of how and why this became Holy Hill and a site of pilgrimage known for miraculous healings and quiet prayer.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Holy Hill Basilica & Shrine
- Holy Hill National Shrine of Mary, Help of Christians – Wikipedia
- Miracle Hill: A Legendary Tale of Wisconsin – William Ayres Armstrong – Google Books
- What is a plenary indulgence? – Catholic Philly
- Kentucky Holy Land Pilgrimage with Tom and Noëlle Crowe & 206 Tours
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.