MYS124: In 1857, President-elect James Buchanan became violently ill during a stay at Washington DC’s National Hotel, as did hundreds of others, many of whom died. Jimmy Akin and Dom Bettinelli examine whether it was a serial killer, a mysterious disease, or perhaps a presidential assassination plot.
Help us continue to offer Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Kerry Walters’s book Outbreak in Washington
- The Book of Poisons
- Burke McCarty’s book The Suppressed Truth About the Assassination of Abraham Lincoln
- James Buchanan
- National Hotel Disease
- Manifest Destiny
- Bloody Monday
- Germ Theory
- 1854 Broad Street Cholera Outbreak
- Humoral Medicine
- Heroic Medicine
- Miasma Theory
- Ingo Swann Archive at University of West Georgia
- Ingo Swann Website
- Please spread the word about the podcast. Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Purchase the books and other material from this and other episodes at the Mysterious World Bookstore.
- Join the conversation at the Starquest Facebook page and the Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World Facebook page.
- Send your feedback or comments to [email protected] or send a tweet with the hashtag of #mysteriousfeedback
- Giant Impact Theory of Moon’s Origin Gets Boost
- Underground Life on Mars?
- Nicola Tesla Was From Venus?
This Episode is Brought to You By:
Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World is brought to you in part through the generous support of Aaron Vurgason Electric and Automation at AaronV.com. Making Connections for Life for your automation and smart home needs in north and central Florida.
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.