ACH068: The Exorcist is one of the scariest movies and books of all time, but Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us of the true story behind it: the exorcism of a teenage boy in 1949 in Maryland and Missouri, the tenacious priests who wouldn’t give him up, and the Archangel that finally freed him.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Subscribe using the RSS feed | Subscribe using Apple Podcasts | Subscribe using Google Podcasts | Subscribe using Stitcher | Subscribe by Email.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- The Actual 1949 Diary of the Priest Who Inspired the 1973 Film: The Exorcist
- “Priest Frees Mt. Rainier Boy Reported Held in Devil’s Grip,” The Washington Post, August 20, 1949
- The St. Louis exorcism of 1949: the real-life inspiration for ‘The Exorcist’ | Post-Dispatch Archives | stltoday.com
- Roland Doe And The Chilling True Story Of The Exorcist
- The Horrifying True Story Behind THE EXORCIST: The Possession of Ronald Hunkeler – The 13th Floor
- American Catholic History pilgrimage to the Kentucky Catholic Holy Land in 2021
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.