ACH065: Fray Antonio was the “Apostle of America” and “The Friar of the Winged Feet” who evangelized much of Central America, Mexico, and present day Texas and Louisiana. Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us of this 17th century Franciscan whose miraculous deeds were only matched by his prayer and humility.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Venerable Antonio Margil de Jesús, OFM. Friar of the Winged Feet, 1657-1726, by Paul V. Murray
- The Missionary Activities of Fray Antonio Margil de Jesús in Texas, 1716-1722, by William H. Donahue
- Fr. Anthony Margil of Jesus
- Locating the Eyes of Father Margil, by F.E. Abernethy
- Margil Was 60 Years Old When He Founded Missions Here.
- Remembering Father Margil of Mission San José
- TSHA | Margil de Jesús, Antonio
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.