ACH072: The first US Thanksgiving would not have been possible without the help of some Spanish Franciscans and a Native American they rescued from slavery and who became Catholic. Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell the story of Squanto, the Pilgrims, and the first Thanksgiving.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Squanto – Wikipedia
- The Miraculous Story of the Forgotten Catholic Hero of the First Thanksgiving
- Plymouth Colony – Wikipedia
- Thanksgiving (United States) – Wikipedia
- American Catholic History pilgrimage to the Kentucky Catholic Holy Land in 2021
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.