ACH074: For more than 170 years, an abbey of Trappist monks have established themselves in Kentucky’s Bourbon country as a center of prayer at Gethsemani Abbey. Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell how they got there as well as the ways they have influenced the faith throughout the US and the world.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Eyes On God: A Weekend at Gethsemani Abbey | Louisville.com
- Abbey of Gethsemani – Everything2.com
- Abbey of Our Lady of Gethsemani – Wikipedia
- Gethsemani | Home – Abbey of Gethsemani
- Gethsemani Farms
- American Catholic History pilgrimage to the Kentucky Catholic Holy Land in 2021
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.