ACH085: Ever since he died, there has been speculation that George Washington converted to Catholicism on his deathbed. Tom and Noëlle Crowe look at the reasons why some think our first President did and the attitudes and actions in his life that were favorable toward Catholics.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Subscribe using the RSS feed | Subscribe using Apple Podcasts | Subscribe using Google Podcasts | Subscribe using Stitcher | Subscribe by Email | Listen and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- The American Catholic Historical Researches, 1900
- George Washington and Catholics – Catholic Stand
- George Washington and Catholicism · George Washington’s Mount Vernon
- The Founders’ Tolerance – George Washington, John Adams, George Mason, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson
- George Washington and the Basilica of Saint Mary – The Basilica of Saint Mary
- George Washington: Champion of Religious Freedom | National Review
- George Washington’s Letter to Catholics and Colonial Religious Liberty
- From George Washington to the Hebrew Congregation in Newport …
- American Catholic History pilgrimage to the Kentucky Catholic Holy Land in 2021
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.