ACH082: Mary Lou Williams was one of the great jazz musicians of the 20th century. As Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us, when she’d had enough of the dissolute life that came with fame, Mary Lou eventually turned her heart to Christ, became Catholic, and put her musical talent in His hands.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- The Mary Lou Williams Foundation, Inc.
- Mary Lou Williams, pioneer of sacred jazz | Angelus News
- At the Intersection of Jazz and Catholicism: The Sacred Music of Mary Lou Williams
- Mary Lou Williams and the music of salvation | Catholic Star Herald
- Mary Lou Williams, Missionary Of Jazz : NPR
- Playing It Like a Man
- Mary Lou Williams – Wikipedia
- Mary Lou Williams (1910-1981)
- American Catholic History pilgrimage to the Kentucky Catholic Holy Land in 2021
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.