MYS140: The four Gospels have been a primary source of information about Jesus Christ for 2,000 years, but in recent times, some skeptics have said they were written so late after Jesus, they aren’t reliable. Jimmy Akin and Dom Bettinelli find out what tradition, Church teaching, and historical sources tell about when the Gospels were really written.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Subscribe using the RSS feed | Subscribe using Apple Podcasts | Subscribe using Google Podcasts | Subscribe using Stitcher | Subscribe by Email | Listen and subscribe on YouTube
Help us continue to offer Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Jimmy’s book The Bible Is a Catholic Book
- Richard Bauckham’s book Jesus and the Eyewitnesses (2nd edition)
- Richard Bauckham’s book The Gospels for All Christians
- John A. T. Robinson’s book Redating the New Testament
- Adolf von Harnack’s book The Date of the Acts and of the Synoptic Gospels
- Jack Finnegan’s Handbook of Biblical Chronology
- Andrew Steinmann’s From Abraham to Paul
- Jimmy’s full treatment of the dates of the Gospels
- Jimmy’s website on the Synoptic Problem
- Link to episode of The Big Story
- Please spread the word about the podcast. Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Purchase the books and other material from this and other episodes at the Mysterious World Bookstore.
- Join the conversation at the Starquest Facebook page and the Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World Facebook page.
- Send your feedback or comments to [email protected] or send a tweet with the hashtag of #mysteriousfeedback
- Luis Elizondo Planning to Leave TTSA
- New Navy Photo of Triangular UFO Emerging from Sea
- New Details on Navy UFO-Tech Patents
This Episode is Brought to You By:
Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World is brought to you in part through the generous support of Aaron Vurgason Electric and Automation at AaronV.com. Making Connections for Life for your automation and smart home needs in north and central Florida.
RosaryArmy.com. Have more peace. Visit RosaryArmy.com and get a free all-twine knotted rosary, downloadable audio Rosaries, and more. Make Them. Pray Them. Give Them Away at RosaryArmy.com.
Mysterious Tales of Loss and Woe & Other Jovial Stories, a new book by Truest Dunkworth. In a world of wonder, this is a book that encourages teens and pre-teens to think and be surprised. Look for it on Amazon.com.
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.