ACH090: The Knights of Columbus are the largest Catholic fraternal and charitable organization in the world, and as Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us, we can thank the charismatic and holy young priest Fr. Michael McGivney for identifying the need for the Knights among his people and starting it all.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Life of Father McGivney | Knights of Columbus
- In the Words of His Contemporaries (PDF)
- Michael J. McGivney – Wikipedia
- Beatification of Fr. Michael McGivney: Example for post-pandemic parish renewal – Vatican News
- Blessed Michael Mcgivney Beatified
- Father Michael McGivney: A Likely Patron for Every Parish Priest| National Catholic Register
- Unity, Charity, and Fraternity: Father Michael McGivney and the Knights of Columbus (PDF)
- American Catholic History pilgrimage to the Kentucky Catholic Holy Land in 2021
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.