MYS146: In 1934, America was in the grips of the Great Depression and people were desperate for solutions. Jimmy Akin and Dom Bettinelli discuss the shadowy group of businessmen who began plotting to install an American fascist dictator and how close they came to succeeding.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow using the RSS feed | Follow using Apple Podcasts | Follow using Google Podcasts | Follow using Stitcher | Follow by Email | Listen and subscribe on YouTube
Help us continue to offer Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Jules Archer’s book The Plot to Seize the White House
- Business Plot
- Smedley Butler
- Congressional Report on the Business Plot
- Recession vs Depression
- Roosevelt Dictatorship
- FDR 1933 Assassination Attempt newsreel
- Guiseppe Zangara
- FDR’s 1933 Inaugural Address
- Great Depression
- FDR’s Policies Extended Depression by 7 Years
- Bonus Army
- American Legion
- Gold Standard
- American Liberty League
- NYT Scoffs at Report
- Butler Press Conference newsreel
- Jimmy’s article on the Orchard Hypothesis
- Please spread the word about the podcast. Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Purchase the books and other material from this and other episodes at the Mysterious World Bookstore.
- Join the conversation at the Starquest Facebook page and the Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World Facebook page.
- Send your feedback or comments to [email protected] or send a tweet with the hashtag of #mysteriousfeedback
This Episode is Brought to You By:
Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World is brought to you in part through the generous support of Aaron Vurgason Electric and Automation at AaronV.com. Making Connections for Life for your automation and smart home needs in north and central Florida.
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.