ACH089: Mother Mary Bentivoglio’s story is yet another of overcoming obstacles and persevering in faith. Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us how this Poor Clare nun came to the US with her community in the late 19th century and was bounced around the country as she sought to establish her contemplative monastery.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Sr Mary Magdalena of the Sacred Heart of Jesus Anna Bentivoglio (1824-1905) – Find A Grave Memorial
- Mary Magdalen Bentivoglio
- A History of St. Clare’s Monastery in North Omaha – North Omaha History
- Mary Magdalen Bentivoglio: Stubborn enough for saintliness
- Mother Bentivoglio Foundation
- American Catholic History pilgrimage to the Kentucky Catholic Holy Land in 2021
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.