TEC112: When you have old technology that you no longer need, what can you do with it? Dom, Jack, and Thomas discuss the options to sell, give away, donate, recycle, or trade in your old computer, phones, and other technology.Plus the latest Big Data news.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow using the RSS feed | Follow using Apple Podcasts | Follow using Google Podcasts | Follow using Stitcher | Follow by Email | Listen and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- How to Recycle Old Electronics – Consumer Reports
- Low End Mac
- Be Safe Selling Online – Bettnet.com
- Battery & Cellphone Dropoff Locations | Call2Recycle
- Recycle Locator
- Recycling Center Search – Earth911.com
- Goodwill and Dell Expand Free Computer Recycling Programs – Goodwill Industries International
- Goodwill | Donate Computers, Laptops & Electronics | Recycle
- Give Computers – World Computer Exchange
- eBay for Charity
- Keep Old Tech Alive
- iOS 14.5 now available to everyone; here are all of the new features – 9to5Mac
- Congress Says Foreign Intel Services Could Abuse Ad Networks for Spying
- Detroit man sues police for wrongful arrest based on facial recognition – The Verge
- Mastercard is acquiring identity verification company Ekata for $850M – TechCrunch
Picks of the Week:
- Jack: iFlash Adapter for iPods
- Thomas: Tabletop Simulator
- Dom: KeyPad – use Mac as a keyboard for iPad
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.