TEC069: How long should our technology last? Dom Bettinelli, Pat Scott, and Fr. Andrew Kinstetter discuss how long companies should support and repair devices and our expectations for how long they last, and whether we should have a right to repair them. Plus cleaning up your privacy leaks and social media.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- How Apple Decides Which Products Are ‘Vintage’ and ‘Obsolete’
- Wearables like Fitbit and Oura can detect coronavirus symptoms, new research shows – The Washington Post
- Walmart employees are out to show its anti-shoplifting AI doesn’t work | Ars Technica
- Miss Your Office? Some Companies Are Building Virtual Replicas – WSJ
- What It’s Like to Get Doxed for Taking a Bike Ride
- How to Quickly Delete Old Facebook Posts | PCMag
Picks of the Week:
- Fr. Andrew: GalaxyCon Live
- Pat: Discovery Tours in Assassin’s Creed Origins
- Dom: Kindle Paperwhite 10th Generation
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.