ACH099: Fr. Emil Kapaun may one day become the first Catholic saint who is also a Medal of Honor recipient. Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us about the dedicated US Army chaplain who died in a North Korean POW camp after selflessly praying with and encouraging his fellow prisoners to survive hell on Earth.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Fr. Emil Kapaun – Catholic Diocese of Wichita
- Father Kapaun | Kapaun’s Men
- With recovery of Father Kapaun’s remains, ’sainthood is more of a possibility’
- Father Kapaun Cause – Archdiocese for the Military, USAArchdiocese for the Military, USA
- Medal of Honor Recipient Chaplain (Capt.) Emil J. Kapaun | The United States Army
- American Catholic History pilgrimage to the Kentucky Catholic Holy Land in 2021
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.