TEC118: What happens to your digital life and tech when you die? Dom and Pat discuss how to prepare so your survivors can pick up the digital pieces after you’re gone, not just your social media accounts, but cloud services, finances, app stores, and more.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow using the RSS feed | Follow using Apple Podcasts | Follow using Google Podcasts | Follow using Stitcher | Follow by Email | Listen and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Digital estate planning: How to safely transfer your digital accounts | 1Password
- Digital Journaling, Digital Up-Keep and the After-Life – Software – MPU Talk
- What to Do Before You Die: A Tech Checklist
- Get to know your Emergency Kit | 1Password
- The Big Book of Everything
- Financial Preparedness | Ready.gov
- Get Tech Ready | Ready.gov
- Home Inventory on the Mac App Store
- Rescuers question what3words’ use in emergencies – BBC News
- Autonomous drone attacked soldiers in Libya all on its own – CNET
- Employees Are Quitting Instead of Giving Up Working From Home
- Eero 6 dual-band mesh Wi-Fi 6 router
Picks of the Week:
- Pat: TreeSize Free for Windows
WinDirStat – Windows Directory Statistics
Disk Inventory X for Mac
- Dom: CleanShot X for Mac
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.