ACH107: Shrines dedicated to St. Anne, the mother of the Virgin Mary, are among the oldest in the United States. Tom and Noëlle Crowe tells us about six of them, the oldest of which, Ste. Anne de Detroit, is over 320 years old.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and follow on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Ste. Anne de Detroit
- Basilica of Ste. Anne de Detroit – Wikipedia
- Ste. Anne De Detroit Catholic Church – Encyclopedia of Detroit
- History of Ste. Anne de Detroit (PDF)
- St. Anne Shrine of Fall River
- National Shrine of St. Anne – Eglise St. Jean Baptiste
- Learn about our upcoming pilgrimages to important and unforgettable Catholic holy sites
- Fr. Gabriel Richard – American Catholic History
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.