ACH108: Charlene Richard is known as “the little Cajun Saint,” and Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us about this little girl who died at 12 years old, offering her suffering for others, and who has been known ever since for the miracles attributed to her intercession.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and follow on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Charlene Richard Foundation
- Charlene Richard: Narrative, Transmission, & Function of a Contemporary Saint Legend
- Lafayette diocese launches pathway to sainthood for 2 Acadiana residents; third to follow | News | theadvocate.com
- Charlene Richard – Wikipedia
- CHARLENE RICHARD (1947 – 1959) | St. Edward Church/St. Thomas Chapel
- She died at 12 and is already known as the Little Cajun Saint
- Charlene Richard a candidate for sainthood | KLFY
- Remembering Richard’s ‘little Cajun saint’
- Book shares story of ‘The Little Cajun Saint’
- Learn about our upcoming pilgrimages to important and unforgettable Catholic holy sites
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.