TEC127: As dispensations end, should churches stop livestreaming Masses to encourage in-person attendance? Dom Bettinelli, Pat Scott, and Thomas Sanjurjo discuss why they should consider continuing. Plus Apple’s new child safety measures, privacy, and slippery slope arguments.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- As numbers at Mass grow, parishes weigh benefits of continuing livestream
- Lifting dispensation is not enough to get Catholics back to in-person Mass – Catholic News Service
- TEC102: After a Year of Livestreaming Church
- Apple’s Child Safety pages
- Power regulations cut off select Dell PCs from certain U.S. states
- Valve promises Steam Deck will run “the entire Steam library” at 30+ fps | Ars Technica
- Pixel 6 will have new processor designed by Google
- Operation Bebop Gunpla modelers
Picks of the Week:
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.