TEC129: When Big Tech data centers come to small towns, what is the true cost to people and communities? Dom Bettinelli and Pat Scott discuss this and other topics, including China’s restrictions on kids’ gaming time, Tesla’s electric grid ambitions, and Amazon’s drone delivery woes.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Kids in China now restricted to just 3 hours of online gaming per week
- Tesla files to become an electricity provider in Texas
- Cars’ built-in WiFi connections are unreliable, study finds – Axios
- Microsoft Edge just got a ‘Super Duper Secure Mode’ upgrade
- The slow collapse of Amazon’s drone delivery dream | WIRED UK
- Big Tech Is Coming to Small-Town America, but at What Cost? | Time
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
Picks of the Week:
- Pat: Malwarebytes
- Dom: Alfred for macOS
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.