ACH114: Orestes Brownson was one of the most important intellectuals of the 19th century and a restless religious seeker. In this episode, Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us of his lifelong journey that ended in the Catholic Church, and next time will share some of his most famous ideas.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and follow on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Orestes Brownson Society – The Convert: Or Leaves from My Experience; Brownson’s Autobiography (An autobiographic essay of Brownson’s intellectual career; Chapters 1-20, 200pp.)
- Orestes Brownson, Being Catholic, and Being American – Public Discourse
- Orestes Brownson Was a Uniquely American Voice in the Church| National Catholic Register
- Champions of the Laity: Brownson and Newman – Christendom Media
- Orestes Brownson // de Nicola Center for Ethics and Culture // University of Notre Dame
- Orestes Brownson – Wikipedia
- Learn about our upcoming pilgrimages to important and unforgettable Catholic holy sites
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.