ACH118: In New Mexico, there is a shrine that some call the Lourdes of America. Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us the history of Chimayó, its miraculous cross, its miraculous healing dirt, and the hundreds of thousands of pilgrims who visit the sacred place every year.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and follow on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Santuario de Chimayo
- El Santuario de Chimayo – Wikipedia
- A little church in New Mexico with some big healing power – The Washington Post
- El Santuario de Chimayo—American Latino Heritage: A Discover Our Shared Heritage Travel Itinerary
- Learn about our upcoming pilgrimages to important and unforgettable Catholic holy sites
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.