MYS176: What does the scientific and historical evidence say about the Great Flood in Genesis? Jimmy Akin and Dom Bettinelli discuss whether there was a worldwide Flood, whether Noah was a historical person, and how we should understand the biblical passage on Noah, the Ark, and the Great Flood.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Watch this episode and subscribe on YouTube
Help us continue to offer Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Tremper Longman and John Walton’s book The Lost World of the Flood: Mythology, Theology, and the Deluge Debate
- David Montgomery’s book The Rocks Don’t Lie: A Geologist Investigates Noah’s Flood
- Jerry Blount’s book Noah and The Great Flood: Proof and Effects
- Answers In Genesis 6 Major Evidences
- Pius XII, Humani Generis
- Ken Hamm’s Ark Encounter park
- Ark Encounter page on number of animals
- Paluxy Creek footprints
- Flood stories
- Flood Geology
- Noah’s Ark
- Canopy theory
- Volume of the Earth’s Oceans
- Underground Oceans’ Worth of Water
- Felidae evolution
- Feeding doves
- Olive Tree experiment
- Population bottlenecks
- National Center for Science Education on local floods
- Answers In Genesis on rainbows
- Searches for Noah’s Ark
- Please spread the word about the podcast. Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Purchase the books and other material from this and other episodes at the Mysterious World Bookstore.
- Join the conversation at the Starquest Facebook page and the Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World Facebook page.
- Send your feedback or comments to [email protected] or send a tweet to @mys_world
This Episode is Brought to You By:
Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World is brought to you in part through the generous support of Aaron Vurgason Electric and Automation at AaronV.com. Making Connections for Life for your automation and smart home needs in north and central Florida.
Catechism Class, a dynamic weekly podcast journey through the Catechism of the Catholic Church by Greg and Jennifer Willits. It’s the best book club, coffee talk, and faith study group, all rolled into one. Find it in any podcast directory.
Fiorvento Law, PLLC, specializing in adult guardianships and conservatorships, probate and estate planning matters. Accepting clients throughout Michigan. Taking into account your individual, healthcare, financial and religious needs. Visit FiorventoLaw.com
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.