ACH132: Bishop Frederic Baraga was once known as the Snowshoe Priest for his drive to travel in any season throughout Michigan to serve his flock. Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell the story of this saintly bishop of the mid-19th century and his dedication to the native tribes with whom he shared his love for Christ.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and follow on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- “The Snowshoe Priest”: Ven. Frederic Baraga, remembered
- The Snowshoe Priest – Frederic Baraga’s Powerful Impact On Michigan
- Bishop Baraga Association and the Baraga Educational Center and Museum
- History of the Diocese of Sault Ste, Marie and Marquette, by Antoine Ivan Rezek – Google Books
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Frederic Baraga
- Snowshoe Saint, The Long Trek to Sainthood for Father Frederic Baraga – Lake Superior Magazine
- Learn about our upcoming pilgrimages to important and unforgettable Catholic holy sites
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.