ACH137: When Catholics arrived in Maryland in 1634, they arrived on two ship, The Ark and The Dove. Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us the story of how the Maryland colony was founded as a safe haven for Catholics and their journey aboard those ships to St. Clement Island, where the colonists’ first Mass was offered.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and follow on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- History — Maryland Dove
- The Ark and The Dove: Ancestral Ships of Maryland | American Antiquarian Society
- The Ark (ship) – Wikipedia
- The Maryland State House – The Landing of the Maryland Colonists from the Ark & the Dove
- George Calvert, 1st Baron Baltimore – Wikipedia
- Learn about our upcoming pilgrimages to important and unforgettable Catholic holy sites
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.