ACH146: AA has been a blessing in the lives in many thousands and Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us how Sr. Ignatia Gavin was at the root of its founding and how her compassion led to changed attitudes and true care and treatment for those suffering from alcoholism.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and follow on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Sister Ignatia: The Catholic nun behind Alcoholics Anonymous–Aleteia
- An AA candidate for sainthood? | Angelus News
- 01-033 The Care Of Alcoholics, By Sister M. Ignatia, C.S.A. Hospital Progress, Vo1. 32: 293-296, October, 1951 – Welcome to Silkworth.net
- 01-042 Sister Ignatia And The A.A., By Gerard E. Sherry. The Sign, Vol. 35: 9-11, May, 1956 – Welcome to Silkworth.net
- History of Ignatia Hall | Summa Health
- Sister Ignatia – Wikipedia
- Learn about our upcoming pilgrimages to important and unforgettable Catholic holy sites
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.