TEC164: Spam is a scourge of modern communications. Dom Bettinelli, Pat Scott, and Jack Baruzzini discuss their strategies for dealing with unwanted communications and scams that come in via email. text, and calls. Plus, the Vatican’s new VR gallery and the end of the iPod.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Americans are drowning in spam
- 10 tips on how to help reduce spam
- How to Stop Spam Emails and Get Rid of Them Forever – The Plug – HelloTech
- How to stop spam texts: 8 do’s and don’ts | NortonLifeLock
- How to Stop Spam Texts: A Guide to Blocking SMS Spam
- Stop Unwanted Robocalls and Texts | Federal Communications Commission
- The Best Ways to Block Robocalls – Consumer Reports
- The music lives on – Apple
- The Vatican Is Opening Its Own VR Gallery To ‘Democratize Art’ – VRScout
- NASA Needs Your Help Building A VR Mars Simulator – VRScout
- It’s a big day at the State Department for U.S. cyberdiplomacy – The Washington Post
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
Picks of the Week:
- Jack: Paperlike Screen Protector
- Pat: Google Arts & Culture
- Dom: SABRENT 16-Port USB 3.0 Hub and Charger
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.