TEC179: Starlink and T-Mobile are teaming up for satellite coverage of mobile phone dead zones. Dom Bettinelli, Pat Scott, and Fr. Andrew Kinstetter discuss what it might mean for future mobile connectivity. Plus Facebook’s economic graph; data centers v. homes; and Amazon’s Roomba.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Elon Musk announces Starlink will provide dead-zone coverage for T-Mobile – The Verge
- Musk’s SpaceX and T-Mobile plan to connect mobile phones to satellites, boost cell coverage | Reuters
- What 21 billion Facebook friendships say about the economic ladder in the US – The Verge
- Too Many Servers Could Mean No New Homes in Parts of the UK
- Amazon’s Roomba Deal Is Really About Mapping Your Home
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Be part of the StarQuest Discord community at SQPN.com/discord
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
Picks of the Week:
- Fr. Andrew: Microsoft OneNote Digital Note Taking App | Microsoft 365
- Pat: USB-A and USB-C hubs
- Dom: Vinegar YouTube Safari extension for macOS, iOS, and iPadOS
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.