TEC192: The final week of our Christmas gift guide, and this time Dom Bettinelli, Pat Scott, and Fr. Andrew Kinstetter discuss gift ideas related to virtual reality. Plus, why shopping on Amazon has gotten worse; Are police robots really robots?; and the future of movie theaters.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Christmas Gift Guide:
- Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge on Oculus Quest 2 | Oculus
- Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series | Oculus
- Doctor Who – The Edge of Time
- Resident Evil 4 on Oculus Quest 2 | Oculus
- Real VR Fishing on Oculus Quest 2 | Oculus
- Walkabout Mini Golf on Oculus Quest 2 | Oculus
- Puzzling Places on Oculus Quest 2 | Oculus
- Bait! on Oculus Quest 2 | Oculus
- Prescription VR Lenses | Reloptix
- BOBOVR M2 Plus Head Strap Twin Battery Combo
Links for this episode:
- Amazon to spend $1 billion on theatrical releases, boosting cinema stocks
- San Francisco supervisors vote to allow police to use robots to kill | CNN
- San Francisco police seek permission for its robots to use deadly force | Engadget
- It’s not your imagination: Shopping on Amazon has gotten worse
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Be part of the StarQuest Discord community at SQPN.com/discord
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
Picks of the Week:
- Fr. Andrew: Meta Quest 2: Immersive All-In-One VR Headset | Meta Store
- Pat: FreeCommander for Windows
- Dom: Amplosion: Redirect AMP Links for iOS
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.