ACH161: The oldest shrine in the US dedicated to the Blessed Mother is St. Augustine’s Our Lady of La Leche shrine. Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us how this devotion to the physical aspects of Mary’s motherhood of Jesus came to be in Florida and the unusual honor it has received from Pope Francis.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and follow on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- National Shrine of Our Lady of La Leche – Mission Nombre de Dios – St. Augustine, Florida
- Our Lady of La Leche statue has special place in Florida diocese's history – The Catholic Sun
- Shrine of Our Lady of La Leche Announced as National Shrine | Diocese of St. Augustine
- National Shrine of Our Lady of La Leche – Wikipedia
- Our Lady of the Nursing Child (Our Lady of La Leche) – The American TFP
- Infertility and the Miracles of Our Lady of La Leche – OnePeterFive
- Learn about our upcoming pilgrimages to important and unforgettable Catholic holy sites
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.