TEC200: As everything else goes up in price, TVs have been going down. Dom Bettinelli, Thomas Sanjurjo, and Jack Baruzzini discuss the economic, privacy, and technology reasons why TVs are getting cheaper. Plus Bing’s new AI has promise and pitfalls.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- The Hidden Cost of Cheap TVs – The Atlantic
- Kanopy – Stream Classic Cinema, Indie Film and Top Documentaries
- Pluto TV – Drop in. Watch Free.
- Microsoft announces new Bing and Edge browser powered by upgraded ChatGPT AI – The Verge
- I Tried Microsoft’s New AI-Powered Bing. Search Will Never Be the Same. – WSJ
- From Bing to Sydney – Stratechery by Ben Thompson
- These Are What the Google Artificial Intelligence’s Dreams Look Like
- Meta Announces Paid Subscriptions Offering Extra Verification, Promotion, Protection, Support – Slashdot
- ‘Killer robots’ and AI’s ‘dirty little secret’: Many people prefer robots over humans | The Hill
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Be part of the StarQuest Discord community at SQPN.com/discord
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
Picks of the Week:
- Jack: Insight Timer – Free Meditation App
- Thomas: LeoCAD – Virtual LEGO CAD Software
- Dom: Merlin Bird ID
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.