ACH168: Joseph Warren Revere, grandson of Paul Revere, lived a life of military adventure, raised the American flag in California, and helped found the US Naval Academy. Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us how he converted to Catholicism during the Civil War and was devout the rest of his days.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and follow on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Paul Revere’s Grandson, Civil War General, Becomes Catholic | Pat McNamara
- General Joseph Warren Revere: The Gothic Saga of Paul Revere's Grandson – Google Play Books
- The Catholic Church in New Jersey : Flynn, Joseph M. (Joseph Michael), 1848-1910 : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive
- Keel and Saddle – Google Books
- Joseph Warren Revere (general) – Wikipedia
- Learn about our upcoming pilgrimages to important and unforgettable Catholic holy sites
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.