ACH177: In the 1620s, a native American community in what would become Texas were evangelized by a mysterious lady in blue. Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell the story of how a Spanish nun, Mary of Agreda, miraculously visited the Jumanos without leaving her Spanish monastery 5,000 miles away.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and follow on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- San Angelo Diocese: Lady in Blue
- Lady-in-Blue Official Website
- Go San Angelo: Lady in Blue Statues
- Marfa Public Radio: The Lady in Blue, A Mystical Encounter
- Texas Almanac: The Lady in Blue
- Learn about our upcoming pilgrimages to important and unforgettable Catholic holy sites
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.