MYS050: Joseph Smith reported receiving divine revelations in the early 1800s, and eventually became the founder of the Mormon religion and his prophecies now influence the lives of millions. Jimmy and Dom consider the evidence concerning Smith’s claims to be a prophet.
Help us continue to offer Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
- Wikipedia on Joseph Smith
- Wikipedia on the Standard Works
- Wikipedia on the FAKE “Salamander Letter”
- Robert Ritner’s book “The Joseph Smith Egyptian Papyri: A Complete Edition”
- Michael Rhodes book “The Hor Book of Breathings: A Translation and Commentary” (Brigham Young University Press)
- Fact-based, neutral analysis of the Book of Abraham
- “Joseph Smith—History”
- “Seer Stones”
- Account of the Lost 116 Pages
- Testimony of the Three Witnesses
- Testimony of the Eight Witnesses
- Facsimile 3 from the Book of Abraham
Links for this episode:
- Please spread the word about the podcast. Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Purchase the books and other material from this and other episodes at the Mysterious World Bookstore.
- Join the conversation at the Starquest Facebook page and the Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World Facebook page.
- Send your feedback or comments to [email protected] or send a tweet with the hashtag of #mysteriousfeedback