TEC026: Summer is a great time to read a book and Dom, Pat, and Fr. Andrew discuss some great technology for books, both ebooks and paper, including tech to help you discover new books, to help you organize, and to keep track, as well some caveats for ebook ownership.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Subscribe using the RSS feed | Subscribe using Apple Podcasts | Subscribe using Google Play | Subscribe using Stitcher | Subscribe by Email.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Amazon’s Kindle readers
- Barnes & Noble Nook
- Goodreads – social network for readers
- Let’s Talk about Summer Reading
- Libby – App for checking out ebooks and other digital content from public libraries
- Overdrive and Hoopla – Apps for managing public library accounts
- Microsoft’s Ebook Apocalypse Shows the Dark Side of DRM | WIRED
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
Picks of the Week:
- Fr. Andrew: Library Thing and TinyCat
- Pat: Epson EcoTank printers, including the Epson EcoTank ET-4760 Wireless Color All-in-One Cartridge-Free Supertank Printer with Scanner, Copier, Fax, ADF and Ethernet – White
- Dom: Calibre ebook manager and conversion utility