TEC040: NASA wants to be on Mars by 2035. SpaceX plans to have a city there by 2050. Dom Bettinelli, Fr. Andrew Kinstetter, and Pat Scott ask whether this is a good idea, the potential pitfalls, and the benefits. Plus the perils and promise of AR glasses that replace your phone.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Subscribe using the RSS feed | Subscribe using Apple Podcasts | Subscribe using Google Play | Subscribe using Stitcher | Subscribe by Email.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- NASA’s Jim Bridenstine says 2035 is doable for human landing on Mars – provided budget is there – TechCrunch
- SpaceX ‘excited’ about building moon bases and Mars cities at the same time | Inverse
- An Apple device like nothing we’ve ever seen before is launching next year – BGR
- Creepiest Alexa and Google Assistant security fail yet
- Kindle (and Echo vulnerability)
- Facebook will label false posts more clearly as part of an effort to prevent 2020 election interference – The Verge
- Vatican launches smart rosary – complete with brute-force flaw – Naked Security
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
Picks of the Week:
- Fr. Andrew: Star Walk 2 AR stargazing app
- Pat: Belkin 3.5mm Audio + Charge Rockstar (iPhone Aux Adapter)
- Dom: AppTamer