TEC040: NASA wants to be on Mars by 2035. SpaceX plans to have a city there by 2050. Dom Bettinelli, Fr. Andrew Kinstetter, and Pat Scott ask whether this is a good idea, the potential pitfalls, and the benefits. Plus the perils and promise of AR glasses that replace your phone.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- NASA’s Jim Bridenstine says 2035 is doable for human landing on Mars – provided budget is there – TechCrunch
- SpaceX ‘excited’ about building moon bases and Mars cities at the same time | Inverse
- An Apple device like nothing we’ve ever seen before is launching next year – BGR
- Creepiest Alexa and Google Assistant security fail yet
- Kindle (and Echo vulnerability)
- Facebook will label false posts more clearly as part of an effort to prevent 2020 election interference – The Verge
- Vatican launches smart rosary – complete with brute-force flaw – Naked Security
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
Picks of the Week:
- Fr. Andrew: Star Walk 2 AR stargazing app
- Pat: Belkin 3.5mm Audio + Charge Rockstar (iPhone Aux Adapter)
- Dom: AppTamer