ACH021: A young Italian Dominican friar named Fr. Samuel Mazzuchelli came to the American Midwest in the early 19th century. Tom and Noëlle Crowe reveal how he almost singlehandedly transformed the Catholic Church in that part of the country and continues to inspire through his example.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- The influence and bio of Samuel Mazzuchelli–Aleteia
- Samuel Mazzuchelli, O.P.: a kaleidoscope of scenes from his life
- Samuel Mazzuchelli – Wikipedia
- Life and Works – Sinsinawa Dominicans
- The Memoirs of Father Samuel Mazzuchelli
- Ste. Anne Catholic Church | History
- The Apostle of the Upper Midwest: Samuel Mazzuchelli – Crisis Magazine
- Green Bay parish celebrates life of its founder, Fr. Samuel Mazzuchelli | The Compass
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]