ACH028: On January 1, 1892, Annie Moore was the first immigrant to pass through the gates of Ellis Island and as Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell her story, they also tell the story of Catholic immigration to the US in the late 19th century, including the hopes, the challenges, and the helping hands.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Subscribe using the RSS feed | Subscribe using Apple Podcasts | Subscribe using Google Play | Subscribe using Stitcher | Subscribe by Email.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Annie Moore – the first immigrant through Ellis Island
- First through Ellis island: Annie Moore’s tough, tragic life | IrishCentral.com
- Annie Moore Was Ellis Island's First Immigrant. This Is Her Story.
- Annie Moore (immigrant) – Wikipedia
- Story of the First Through Ellis Island Is Rewritten – The New York Times
- Annie Moore – The Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island
- The Catholic Immigrant | Commonweal Magazine
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]