TEC046: Even good passwords are no longer considered enough to be secure online today, so Dom Bettinelli, Pat Scott, and Fr. Andrew Kinstetter discuss the basics of two-factor authentication and some best practices. Plus our final installment of Christmas gift ideas for tech geeks.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Multi-factor authentication – Wikipedia
- Authy | Two-factor Authentication (2FA) App & Guides
- Google Authenticator
- Microsoft Authenticator – Securely Access & Manage Your Online Accounts
- Apple’s Activation Lock sends iPhones to the scrap heap instead of refurbishers
- Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch – Apple Support
- Chrome now warns you when your password has been stolen – The Verge
Christmas Gift Ideas:
Picks of the Week:
- Fr. Andrew: Instant Pot – Smart WiFi version
- Pat: Chromebooks for kids and aging family
- Dom: Drafts for Mac
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.