ACH034: Julia Greeley was a former slave and Catholic convert who lived much of her life after the Civil War. Tom and Noëlle Crowe relate her zealous devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, her evangelistic fervor, and her service to the poor that led to her being declared a Servant of God in 2017.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Subscribe using the RSS feed | Subscribe using Apple Podcasts | Subscribe using Google Play | Subscribe using Stitcher | Subscribe by Email.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Julia Greeley Guild
- Julia Greeley | Colorado Encyclopedia
- Servant of God Julia Greeley | Black and Indian Mission
- Seeking connections to Servant of God Julia Greeley’s time as a slave | The Catholic Missourian
- Saintly former slave to be local model of mercy for Jubilee Year – Denver Catholic
- From Slavery to Model of Mercy — the Powerful Story of Julia Greeley | The Catholic Sun
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]