ACH044: Irene Dunne was one of the most successful and famous actresses of Hollywood’s golden age. But as Tom and Noëlle Crowe recall, she was also a down-to-earth wife and mother and a devout Catholic who spent her retirement years in numerous charitable works.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Subscribe using the RSS feed | Subscribe using Apple Podcasts | Subscribe using Google Podcasts | Subscribe using Stitcher | Subscribe by Email.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Everyone Loved Irene | Vanity Fair | March 2004
- Guideposts Classics: Irene Dunne on Her Faith Journey
- Irene Dunne – Wikipedia
- Irene Dunne – Hollywood’s Golden Age
- Picturegoer, February 17.1945 – irenedunnesite – a place for all Irene Dunne related information
- Screening the Past: A Rare Interview With Irene Dunne – Chicago Tribune
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]