TEC063: Facebook has a new gaming app. So who is it aimed at? Dom Bettinelli, Pat Scott, and Fr. Andrew Kinstetter discuss Facebook’s new offerings; an Apple Mail bug or exploit; Google Meet for free; Unlocking your iPhone while wearing a mask; and extending useful life of your Chromebook.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Facebook Gaming Is Here—but Who Is It For? | WIRED
- Facebook’s dedicated gaming app is now available on Android | Engadget
- Facebook Messenger Rooms offer 50-user video chats
- That no-click iOS 0-day reported to be under exploit doesn’t exist, Apple says | Ars Technica
- New Apple iOS text bug can crash your iPhone with just a notification
- iOS 13.5 Beta Makes It Easier to Unlock an iPhone With Passcode When Wearing a Mask – MacRumors
- Google wants to separate browser and Chrome OS updates – 9to5Google
- Google Meet video conferencing is now free for anybody – The Verge
- Regal, AMC refuse Universal films after ‘Trolls’ streaming success
Picks of the Week:
- Pat: Anker Soundcore Life Q10 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
- Fr. Andrew: Ailkin 3.1A Fast USB Charger Adapter
- Dom: Wemo Mini Smart Plug
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.