MYS097: Federal agents stormed a religious commune in Waco, Texas, on April 19, 1993 after a months-long siege, leaving dozens dead. Jimmy Akin and Dom Bettinelli are back to consider the allegations of government misconduct, coverup, and conspiracy; examine the evidence; and seek the truth of what happened.
Help us continue to offer Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- David Thibodeau’s book Waco: A Survivor’s Stor
- Clive Doyle’s book A Journey to Waco
- Gary Noesner’s book Stalling for Time: My Life as an FBI Hostage Negotiator
- Waco Mini-Series
- The documentary Waco: Rules of Engagement (Amazon Prime)
- The documentary Waco: A New Revelation
- The documentary The FLIR Project
- David Koresh – Wikipedia
- Dr. Edward Allard’s Courtroom Testimony on FLIR Footage
- The Asch effect (psychology)
- C-SPAN Coverage of the Waco Hearings
- Also, see the show notes for our previous episode for more resources
- Fan Art from a 7-Year Old Listener
- Please spread the word about the podcast. Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Purchase the books and other material from this and other episodes at the Mysterious World Bookstore.
- Join the conversation at the Starquest Facebook page and the Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World Facebook page.
- Send your feedback or comments to [email protected] or send a tweet with the hashtag of #mysteriousfeedback