TEC066: For many families, being able to video chat with parents and grandparents living alone or in nursing homes has been vital during lockdown. Dom Bettinelli, Pat Scott, and Fr. Andrew Kinstetter discuss the various options as well as the unique ways seniors have used tech to stay connected. Plus headlines and picks of the week.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- The biggest change in how you use your iPhone is coming — and you’re either going to hate it or not care | ZDNet
- A plea for video calls, a lifeline to those living and dying in nursing homes – The Boston Globe
- In Lockdown, Seniors Are Becoming More Tech Savvy – CityLab
- Protecting against resource-heavy ads in Chrome
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Blames Pandemic for Quibi’s Rough Start – The New York Times
- Facebook launches Shops to bring more businesses online during the pandemic – The Verge
- The Office (Slack)
Picks of the Week:
- Pat: TaoTronics LED Desk Lamp with Qi-Enabled Wireless Fast Charger
- Fr. Andrew: Cameo app and service
- Dom: EpocCam for iOS/Android
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.