MYS104: For centuries, acupuncture has been used to treat a variety of conditions. Jimmy Akin and Dom Bettinelli explore its origins, how it’s supposed to work, what it can really treat, and if it’s real or all just a pseudoscience.
Help us continue to offer Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Singh and Ernst’s book Trick or Treatment
- Steven Novella Great Courses program Medical Myths, Lies, and Half-Truths: What We Think We May Know May Be Hurting Us
- Article “A Brief History of Acupuncture”
- Ben Kavoussi’s article “The Untold History of Acupuncture”
- James Reston’s 1971 article “Now, About My Operation in Peking”
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS)
- Animal Placebos (skeptical view)
- Animal Placebos (positive view)
- Animals Asking for Human Help
- Raven Seeks Human Help
- Elephants Seek Human Help
- More Elephants Seeking Help
- Horses Seeking Help
- Please spread the word about the podcast. Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Purchase the books and other material from this and other episodes at the Mysterious World Bookstore.
- Join the conversation at the Starquest Facebook page and the Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World Facebook page.
- Send your feedback or comments to [email protected] or send a tweet with the hashtag of #mysteriousfeedback