ACH058: In part 2 of the story of Sr. Blandina, Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us how the Italian-born nun returned from the Wild West to Cincinnati and spent decades helping Italian immigrants realize the American dream while holding onto their faith and aiding women and children of the streets.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Sr. Blandina, Fastest Nun in the West – American Catholic History #57
- Sister Blandina and the Road to Sainthood – Cincinnati Magazine
- Background · The Journal of Sister Justina and the Santa Maria Institute · American Catholic History Classroom
- History | Santa Maria Community Services
- Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati / NCSW
- Sister Blandina: Television star or saint?
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]