TEC083: If you want to track your health and fitness 24/7, there are a myriad of options. Dom, Fr. Cory, and Pat discuss the different gadgets and apps for tracking weight, diet, glucose, exercise, and more. Plus, Dom interviews TL Putnam of Verbum on the state of digital tech in the Church.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Verbum.com Catholic Bible Study Software
- Fitbit Official Site for Activity Trackers & More
- Eureka – A Digital Research Platform
- Feevy – Fever tracker for iPhone and iPad
- Withings | Smart Scales, Watches and Health Monitors
- Peloton® | Exercise Bike With Indoor Cycling Classes Streamed Live & On-Demand
- Lose It! – Weight Loss That Fits
- Weight Watchers
- Microsoft Releases Deepfake Detection Tool Ahead of Election
- Buying a back-to-school Chromebook or printer? Here are five tips – The Boston Globe
Picks of the Week:
- Pat: Inexpensive name-brand DVD drives from LG, Asus, HP, or Dell
- Fr. Cory: LiftMaster Smart Garage Door Openers
- Dom: How to blur your house on Google Street View (and why you should)
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.