ACH073: How did President Chester Arthur become the savior of the original American College in Rome? Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell the story of how the Episcopalian president became the unlikely savior of the first American college seminary in Rome in 1884.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Subscribe using the RSS feed | Subscribe using Apple Podcasts | Subscribe using Google Podcasts | Subscribe using Stitcher | Subscribe by Email | Listen and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- North American College | Encyclopedia.com
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: The American College at Rome
- Italian unification – Wikipedia
- Pontifical North American College – Wikipedia
- American Catholic History pilgrimage to the Kentucky Catholic Holy Land in 2021
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.